Monday, 14 January 2013

STRESSFUL

I stress myself out a lot over things I can't control.
I wish I could go back in time and avoid poor decisions I've made.
There's times I wish time would speed up to the moment I'm married and settled.
But then there's moments I want time to slow down so I don't have to get older.

Speed up time. Slow down time. I don't have time.
The time I have is never enough.

They say that time is money.
In that case, it gives a whole new meaning to the phrase,
"Get Rich or Die Trying."Appointments. Anniversaries. Birthdays. Even those words sound stressful.
But it seems like humans are the only creatures that stress about time.
Does a chipmunk stress out about running late to meet his squirrel friend for dinner?
Does a bear start freaking out when he turns 24?



We're all going to die. Everyone soul is given life and shall taste death.
Allah knows how much time we all will have.
It says directly in the Quran that "By time, man is in loss,"
so time is running out for all of us.
So why waste time trying to figure out how much/little time we have or wishing to move time, and instead focus more on taking full advantage of the time itself.

I remember as a kid when birthdays used to be awesome.
My friends and family would sit around me as I blew out the candles
and opened up baller boxes of leggos and barbie.
If I go out with my friends for my birthday now, sure I suppose it will be fun,
but deep down inside I can't help but sigh to myself and think,
 "Girl, another year has gone by..."
When in my life did that change?
I spend so much time now counting and measuring the moments in my life,
that I forget to enjoy the moments themselves.

Sigh -.-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.